Straight Path, Inc. is a grassroots community-based organization committed to assisting individuals and families overcome barriers created by poverty, dysfunctional families, gang affiliation, histories of substance abuse, past criminal behavior and institutionalization.
Straight Path, Inc. is founded on the belief that with love, guidance and support all people are capable and worthy of leading healthy, productive and spiritually rewarding lives.
Since 2009, we have successfully held semi-annual career fairs for low-income individuals seeking a fresh chance – including some who are in the process of integrating back into society after a time in prison… literally seeking a fresh start.
Straight Path, Inc. and Partners draw on holistic and loving approaches in mentoring, training, counseling, and guiding our community of neighbors with barriers, to obtain family wages employment in a diverse working environment.
The Job Seekers We Assist
- Homeless persons looking to stabilize
- People with a non-violent criminal history looking to rebuild
- People undergoing drug rehabilitation (nearing completion)
- High school juniors and seniors who are at risk
- Underserved veterans
For eight months of the year – April through November – Straight Path provides career events with the help of our partners at Our 42nd Avenue, St. Charles Parish Church, and PCC Metro Workforce Training Center. In addition, we provide year-round assistance with employment opportunities for business organizations and our community.
Helping job seekers with challenges help themselves
Our goal is to get and retain jobs through timely ongoing support in mentoring, counseling, coaching and case management. We assist in both placement and support services especially for those facing life barriers and job-retention.
Our roles are advocate, adviser, and intermediary between employers and participants. In particular, we seek to keep the participants healthy, prepared and skilled-up – and ultimately performing well on the job.
Helping Employers With Diversity and Giving Back
We offer organizations the opportunity to increase workforce diversity. The community we serve is the most diverse in Oregon.
We build an internal (inside the company) network for new hires and for sustaining those already hired.
We provide onboarding, mentoring and coaching for new hires and those already hired.
We leverage Straight Path’s partnership network and experience fully during the first months on the job and after as the hire evolves and seeks further education in their career building.
- Ankrom Mosian Architects
- Auto Warehousing Co.
- Central Northeast Neighbors, Inc.
- City of Gresham
- City of Portland Crime Prevention Coordinator
- City of Portland Bureau of Human Resources Employment & Development
- City of Portland Bureau of Police
- City of Portland Office of Mayor Charlie Hales
- Coast Industries Inc.
- Columbia Distributing
- Concordia Neighborhood Association
- Concordia University
- Constructing Hope
- CRN Global
- Cully Association of Neighbors
- Department of Community Justice Multnomah Co
- DePaul Treatment Center
- Dr Henry G. Greenidge
- EFI Recycling
- Forest Service Pacific NW Region
- Hoffman Construction Company
- Ironworkers Local Union No. 29
- Irvington Covenant Church
- Labor Works
- Mark W. Eves, PC
- McDougal Littell
- MercyCorps NW Reentry Transition Center
- NAACP Portland Unit #1120
- NECA IBEW local 48 Electrical Training Center
- New Seasons Market
- ODOT Office of Civil Rights
- Oregon & SW Washington Roofers & Waterproofers, JATC
- Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries/Apprenticeship and Training Division
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- Our 42nd Ave
- Pacific Power/Pacific Corp
- Port of Portland
- Portland Community College/Portland Metropolitan Workforce Training Center
- Portland Development Commission
- Portland General Electric
- Providence Health & Services
- Rizk Law
- St Charles Borremeo Parish
- Susan Trabucco Consulting
- The Oregon Islamic Chaplains Organization
- The Portland Observer
- Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc.
- Tri Met
- UA Plumbers and Steamfitters
- University of Portland
- Urban League of Portland
- US Bank
- Volunteers of America
- Waste Management
- Weston Pontiac Buick
- William Leonard C.P.A.
- Work Systems
- Worksource Portland Metro